CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Race Day!




Well I finished my first 5K in just under 30 minutes. I find it comical that when you think you are in good shape you get set straight when you run a race with a bunch of other people. I was feeling pretty good until I saw a 6 year old that was ahead of me for most of the race! Where do they get their energy. I ended up 7th in my age division out of 17 runners. My age division was 24-29. I was the old lady in my division. But it was fun and I felt a sense of accomplishment especially since I am not a runner. I did feel kind of dumb when the half marathon and full marathon runners started coming in. But I guess you have to start somewhere! Way to go to Clay Prince who ran the half and Dr. Packer who ran the full! I guess I better set my goals higher for the next one! Bailee is in St. George with my mom visiting my sister andrea. That is a good vacation for her to have a trip without her sister (and her mother). Joe has been home a lot because of the rain, and ella is as challenging as ever! But life would be boring without ella bossing me around and keeping me running in every direction!

5 comments:

Becca's Creative Jewelry Design said...

Way to go Nichole, I am very proud of you!!!! I do believe if I had been there with you I would have been on the side of the road dead. Yes, we do need to go to lunch, maybe this week we can do it. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Jen said...

Good for you! My buddy, Heather, ran the 1/2 in 2:48 and her hubby, ran it in 1:48! I was so impressed. I'm thinking about a 5K at Kelly Canyon in July.

The Courtney Family said...

Way to go Nichole!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Way to go Nicole. You are an animal! It's chasing and keeping up with the kids and your crazy life that keeps you in shape.

Ashton & Co. said...

Good for you! I admire anyone who runs. I ge winded running to my mailbox! Hey, did Bailee still want to do dance? Let me know!